China is not only one of the main producing countries of ginger, but also gradually becoming one of the main exporters of ginger. Ginger eats more seasonings. In China, it is mainly based on raw ginger or ginger powder. The utilization rate is extremely low, and it cannot satisfy the current consumers. The need for new tastes of the product. Therefore, various beneficial methods are used to extract the beneficial substances of ginger, which is ginger essential oil.
At present, the traditional extraction method is mainly a steam distillation method and a solvent extraction method for extracting essential oil products from ginger. This method mainly obtains the volatile oil of ginger, and some phenolic derivatives such as gingerol are difficult to be distilled with water vapor due to their unique molecular structure. Therefore, steam distillation can only extract part of ginger. Flavor substances, and the high temperature of the distillation process, will cause harmful changes in the composition, odor and flavor of ginger oil; the chemical formation of ginger oil obtained by solvent extraction has a lot to do with the solvent chosen, but the solvent method is easy. It is contaminated by residual solvents and will precipitate discoloration, and its use is limited.
In summary, the ginger oil products produced by the traditional ginger processing methods have obvious defects:
1. The limitations of the processing method itself make it difficult to achieve color, fragrance and taste;
2. Due to the lack of uniform standards, different extraction methods, product components and content will be very different, which affects its physical properties, causing great trouble for the use of the terminal.
The modern ginger essential oil extracts the ginger essential oil by supercritical CO2 extraction method. The CO2 is used as the solvent to extract the ginger essential oil in the ginger under the supercritical condition. Due to the characteristics of CO2 and the normal temperature and green extraction process, the ginger essential oil and Compared with ginger oil products produced by traditional processing methods, there are three major advantages:
1. Standardization of gingerolin index to ensure the stability of the terminal products. The supercritical extraction of ginger essential oil was measured by gas phase and liquid chromatography. The relative content of each component of ginger essential oil was determined by area normalization method, and the content of characteristic component 6-gingerin was determined as the product standard. The ginger essential oil product is standardized, and the obtained ginger essential oil has pure natural flavor, complete flavor and stable quality, and retains the ginger flavor component to the utmost extent, and is a highly concentrated product of original flavor. Traditional processing methods are affected by ginger varieties, origin, storage and other factors, resulting in inconsistent strength of gingerol and can not guarantee the stability of the end products, while the ginger essential oil controlled by ginger characteristic taste gingerol can completely reach the spicy taste of ginger. Consistency of flavor.
2. Pure natural, sterile and hygienic, long shelf life and convenient storage. The whole production process is carried out under normal temperature and high pressure. There is no solvent pollution. In the production process, almost no living bacteria can survive, avoiding the disadvantages of using traditional spicy seasonings for sterilization.
3. High concentration, small size and easy to use. High-concentration products can be diluted and compounded into oil-soluble, water-soluble, oil-water soluble and other products to facilitate the use of terminals.